DIGITAL EMPRESS DATABASE PT2

I FIXED IT!!

The fixes were very easy as expected. I knew there were just some misspelling mistakes or a simple syntax issue but now all is well. I noticed the fixes when typing up the first version of this blog post.  I also noticed in the gif how in the errors it tells you what lines the code error is on.

My first error was in my 3rd block of code:

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 11.03.22 PM.png

On the 10th line of code in the second set of parenthesis I have an "s" at the end of "student" which later caused problems with pulling the students report card grades. You can see how this error produces below.

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 11.10.24 PM.png

If you look on the last line of the trackback it let's us know that there is a "NameError". This messed up the output if a user were to choose choice "1". The correct version of the code is listed below. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 11.01.26 PM.png

As you can see I took out the "s" and below is the code running choice 1 beautifully. ^.^

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 11.23.20 PM.png

Here you can see that the students reports are pulling up and the program will prompt you to start the database over.

The second error was an "AttributeError". 

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 11.43.43 PM.png

I misspelled "append" on line 24 which resulted in the error but after fixing the spelling you get to add a new student's name with grace... well not necessarily. If you did not specify the students name as a value for the students variable you will not be able to add the name successfully through the database. Once this error was fixed you will get the output below.

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 11.52.14 PM.png

I would have to rate writing this program an 8/10. Just for the mere fact of it bringing all of the python basics together for a better understanding. I could follow along easily and fix very simple mistakes quickly without stress. The minus two points were because it wasn't as fun as the flower or cat and mouse program. Other than that this chapter was extremely informational. 

Here is the full link to the second part of my Digital Empress Database video showcasing my fixes:

Thanks for reading! ^.^